For several years Ubiway in Belgium have used HS News Systems’ solutions for magazine distribution. They are now in the process of adapting their solutions for distribution of other convenience goods.
– Ubiway have been an important customer of ours for many years. We are excited that they are preparing for the future and are going to use our solutions to distribute other types of goods, says Martine Y. Hognestad, Managing Director at HS News Systems.
– HS News Systems give us the possibility to continue to improve our processes and upgrade our solutions to enable new opportunities for use. They quickly understand our requirements and are solution oriented to adapt their technology to our processes and market.Geoffrey Degeest, Chief Operations Officer at Ubiway
Ubiway is a part of bpost, who distribute press and convenience goods to all retailers in Belgium that handle magazines and newspapers.
Mr. Degeest’s job is not only to manage all logistics for press distribution in Belgium, but also other goods linked to their point of sales, such as food, beverages and other convenience products.
– One of our pick & pack lines has just recently been adapted to also pick non-press products with a system of scanning and sampling at the end of the line. This technology gives us the possibility to pick for the delivery of convenience goods and also to continue to pick press. This solution is very flexible for our business, Degeest explains.
Automatic solutions for distribution
– The solution we have installed at Ubiway’s premises can be used for distribution of other goods such as chocolate, soda, bandages and cigarettes, Martine Hognestad confirmes.
– Actually, most of the solutions our customers currently have can be adapted to distribute a wide range of goods, other than what the solution was originally made for. Typically, that was magazines, newspapers and books.Martine Y. Hognestad
Now when Ubiway distribute other convenience goods, a cardboard box is used instead of a plastic box. These are automatically inserted into production, into which the goods can be easily packed. At the end of the distribution line the boxes with convenience goods are identified and transported onto a separate conveyor. When at the designated station the content is quality checked by weight control and is given a delivery note, box cover and label. At the end of the line they are presented for either storage or distribution.
Anything that fits in a box
– Our solutions can pack any goods that fit into a cardboard box, such as kiosk goods, medicines, e-commerce products and food – almost everything. In addition we have equipment to automatically control content, attach labels, insert a delivery note in the box and so on, says Hognestad.
Hognestad and her colleagues at HS News Systems have long and broad experience with intralogistics. HS News Systems is a leading provider of automatic systems to the warehousing and distribution industries. They establish close customer relations at an early stage which enables projects for specific solutions to be developed and created efficiently.
HS News Systems’ pick & pack lines give Ubiway the possibility to pick magazines and goods in their totes with the traceability and accountability required by their customers. Support for other IT solutions and equipment linked to the pick & pack lines and their ERP (SAP) is also provided by HS News Systems to Ubiway.
– HS News Systems is for us a reliable partner year after year, which is an important parameter for us. We like the availability, reactivity and their knowledge of our distribution process. They know the market and suggest solutions payable in a difficult market, says Degeest.
Get in touch
Are you looking to increase the efficiency of your operation? Contact us by completing this form and we will get back to you. You can also email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org